Nov 11, 2016

A Silent Pause...

"standing on guard we stand for thee"

 

The day is cold and I hate to omit, but I'm getting old.
Bitter wind soaks in my bones, an ache occurs now.
Wearing a poppy without question every year being my silent homage.
To those who are gone, who have miss roll call.

A silent pause...

I stand there in front now as the veteran or so I'm told.
Feeling the burden and yet an unwavering pride to uphold to what is right.
Today as before a contrast sits on my lapel to continue our fight.

Against injustice and cruelty;
but I realize as each year passes
the burden is taken up by the next generation.
Has to.

A silent pause...

Hard to realize and even harder to do; putting them in harms way.

A silent pause...

I salute to all who have and will stand for others, without waiver and question.

0 comments: