Nov 25, 2016

Coin Toss

"tossed to be judged"

 
We have ignored these feelings, for far too long;
Rumours have become the guilty truth.
 
The time away should’ve brought us closer;

Instead, the couch has become the front of trench warfare;
As each side is dug in, between no man’s land.
 
Well what do we do, take this coin and toss it up, see where it may land?
 
Such a pinnacle moment here, balanced on chance?
 
Seems so cruel and childish, at a glance;
Funny how life works, let's hope we have some luck.
 
To where the coin may land, on the right side;

"flip of luck, will determine life."

 
I know things should’ve been different.
 
I know I’ve brought this poison home;
The deeds are done, our ties are fraying;
But I hope, that strands of love still remain.

 
Well take the coin, see where it may land;
Like I said a pinnacle moment here, balanced on chance.
 
Seems so cruel and childish, at a glance;
Funny how we work, let's hope we have better luck;
That the coin lands on the our side.

0 comments: